I did manage to get the bird I love in one of the blocks and I think it turned out sort of cute - take a look.
The other block was supposed to be a flower, but there wasn't enough fabric in colors close enough to pull it off, so I regrouped. I went online and searched and found the machine applique paisley by Jennifer Paganelli. Being blissfully ignorant I thought I was up to the challenge of placing 3 of the paisleys equally in the square, I wasn't and it is a little off, but I still like it. Hope you do too.
Now I hope they are usable in the quilts. I had fun making them and actually learned a little.