Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lots of Changes

I finished my blocks today and after all my planning they are nothing like I thought they would be.  I am at least not horrified with either of them.  I thought and planned and then the fabric didn't talk to me when I tried to force it into the patterns I had in mind.

 I did manage to get the bird I love in one of the blocks and I think it turned out sort of cute  - take a look.




The other block was supposed to be a flower, but there wasn't enough fabric in colors close enough to pull it off, so I regrouped.  I went online and searched and found the machine applique paisley by Jennifer Paganelli.  Being blissfully ignorant I thought I was up to the challenge of placing 3 of the paisleys equally in the square, I wasn't and it is a little off, but I still like it.  Hope you do too.



Now I hope they are usable in the quilts.  I had fun making them and actually learned a little.

Penny G.

9 comments:

shellysquilts said...

That is one cute bird! Well done!

BUMBLE BEANS said...

ooh! they are BOTH cute! they will look great with the others! I like how you did the paisley!

Beth said...

Love the birdy! I had the same problems with the fabrics...didn't quite match what I had in mind!

Sew It Up! said...

I really like what you did!

wishes, true and kind said...

Your blocks are each very nice, but I especially love that chubby little bird and they way the blossom is protecting his little head from the sun or rain. Nicely done!

joan

PurplePickle said...

Wonderful. Great job!!

Sarah said...

Oh very cute! I love birds at the moment. Those edges on the other patch look so nice.

Jodie B-C said...

Love the bird details!!

Shelly said...

The little birdie is adorable! And I love the edging around those paisleys . . .