Friday, October 23, 2009

DONE and DONE!

I really struggled with what to do for my applique. I had thought I would do reverse applique (something I've never tried) but once I saw the fabric I realized I probably wouldn't have enough for two blocks and get lots of contrast....

So I put the fabric aside for awhile until I was printing a leaf template from Martha Stewart's web site and there happened to be a butterfly on the same page. "Voila!" I thought! If a butterfly doesn't say colorful I don't know what does!


I wish I would have arranged them both like the one on the left, I think the possibilities for quilting are really cool. C'est la vie!

7 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Butterflies are my favorite thing as a trip through my house would tell you. I love both of the setups and think that the 2 different arrangements will allow for a little more freedom in block setup. Great blocks.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ooh! how fun are those!! the left make s for a very interesting block!
they both are great and will look great inside the quilt! glad inspiration struck!~

RosaMarĂ­a said...

i love butterflies!!! your blocks are so great!!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very cool blocks - butterflies are perfect with that fabric.

PurplePickle said...

Very nice. I love butterflies. Beautiful work.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Love your butterflies! I like both blocks and I'm sure they are going to look fabulous on the quilt.

Jodie B-C said...

The one on the left is a simple and perfect design! I'll remember that one for another project!