Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Finally plucked up the courage!

Well I finally plucked up the courage to have a go with the real fabrics. I settled on a raw edge technique.

I started off with a Dia de los Muertos theme, but it just looked wierd and a bit spooky rather than funky and cool which was the look I was going for! So that got turned into this.



And then I was inspired by Upsy Daisy from In the Night Garden, and did this flower.


I thought it would balance nicely with V's dresden plate.

Hope you like them V, they'll be in the post this afternoon.

6 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Wow, I love the bird, the way you added the context is great. The flower is just awesome. Great blocks.

BUMBLE BEANS said...

I love them both! I think your right! the flower will look great!! nice job you creative lady you!

PurplePickle said...

Very cute.....Great work
Mary C.

Jodie B-C said...

The blocks look fantastic!!

Sew It Up! said...

I love both your applique. They are going to make a great addition.

Cheryl Arkison said...

Love your inspiration! Mine is coming from a children's book too - an old version of "Three Billy Goats Gruff" that was my Hubby's when he was a kid.